[dev] Sorting, throughout Horde

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Wed Sep 29 03:00:21 PDT 2004

Hi Joaquim,

I must say: over there in Sweden, you not only have more ways to "enrich" your
vowls than us here in Germany -- you also have a way funnier sorting order: an
Ö as the last letter in the alphabet. Crazy. ;-)

I don't have a deeper understanding of Horde's i18n, so here's just my Krona
0.02:

The locale is set with the setlocale function of php. Plese see the php
documentation at http://us2.php.net/setlocale. The first paramter specifies to
what categorie the locale applies.

Horde normally does a setlocale(LC_ALL, $lang_charset) in
framework/NLS/NLS.php.

Instead of LC_ALL you can use constants like LC_MESSAGE to set only the
message
language (gettext language) or LC_COLLATE (for string comparison).

Hope this helps,
  Karsten