[dev] Adding conflict checking to kronolith

Jason Rust jrust at rustyparts.com
Fri Oct 1 16:25:21 PDT 2004

We use kronolith as a calendar for keeping track of who is using what
conference room.  However, there are some users who don't bother to check if
a room is already reserved before making their reservation thus causing
double-bookings.  To resolve this issue we are thinking of adding conflict
checking to kronolith.  I am in the beginning stages of working out how it
would work, but the two major changes I see happening would be:
1. Location would become a select box (only in this mode) instead of a text
box so as to ensure that a room could be uniquely identified.  The list of
locations would be a pref.
2. Before the event is added it would check to make sure that an event with
the same location is not occuring during the requested time (only in this
mode).

I have a couple questions.  Would the kronolith team be interested in
implementing this into the app if I write it?  Would this be duplicating
someone else's effort (i.e. does a feature like this already exist either in
kronolith or one of the other apps)?

-Jason