[dev] Left Frame Menu missing ...

Jason M. Felice jfelice at cronosys.com
Thu Oct 14 12:33:34 PDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 04:24:35PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> >
> >>Well, unless the recent Kronolith prefs.php fix fixed this for you
> >>(update from prefs.php.dist within the last few days), I guess you need
> >>to either learn Javascript, or give a developer access to a system where
> >>this happens. I have no clue what's wrong.
> >
> >Okay, this is just weird ... I moved my base install out of the way,
> >figured I'd start with a totally clean system ... I checkd out horde, and
> >checked out imp ... that's it ...
> >
> >copied all the .dist files over in horde/config and went through the
> >configuration screen for horde ... all is well, I have a left menu ...
> >went through and did the same for imp, all through the configuratino
> >screen ...
> >
> >Only thing that I've hand-edited was the servers.php file in imp/config ...
> >
> >And now, the menu no longer comes up ... I have no other modules
> >installed, only imp ...
> >
> >If I go into configuration for horde, through the web, and disable using
> >imp for authentication, and make it the automatic option, and 'logout', it
> >logs back in as horde_user and the left menu comes back again ...
> >
> >If I go back onto configuration screen and change auth to IMAP instead of
> >an application, all appears to be well as well ...
> >
> >So, it only seems to be when/if I try to use IMP for authenticatoin ...
> >
> >Does this help any?
>
> There is definitely something weird here ... figuring that using IMAP Auth
> isn't a big issue, I went into my servers.php file and set hordeauth to
> true, so that logging into the mail server is transparent ... the left
> menu disappears again when I log back in ... put it back to false, and
> left menu is there ... but, of course, I have to double login to read
> email ...

I've noticed something similar, and I'm pretty sure it's a
synchronization issue.  I'm set up to have imp authenticate, too.  Most
of the time it works, but sometimes, I'll get a left menu which has
links in it that have '?Horde=<foo>', where <foo> is my _last_ session,
and not my current session.  Then I have to log in after every menu
click.  If I reload the left menu, and log in there, I can use it again.

Hoping this'll ring a bell for someone.

--
 Jason M. Felice
 Cronosys, LLC <http://www.cronosys.com/>