[dev] Left Frame Menu missing ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Thu Oct 14 12:24:35 PDT 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
>
>> Well, unless the recent Kronolith prefs.php fix fixed this for you (update
>> from prefs.php.dist within the last few days), I guess you need to either
>> learn Javascript, or give a developer access to a system where this
>> happens. I have no clue what's wrong.
>
> Okay, this is just weird ... I moved my base install out of the way, figured
> I'd start with a totally clean system ... I checkd out horde, and checked out
> imp ... that's it ...
>
> copied all the .dist files over in horde/config and went through the
> configuration screen for horde ... all is well, I have a left menu ... went
> through and did the same for imp, all through the configuratino screen ...
>
> Only thing that I've hand-edited was the servers.php file in imp/config ...
>
> And now, the menu no longer comes up ... I have no other modules installed,
> only imp ...
>
> If I go into configuration for horde, through the web, and disable using imp
> for authentication, and make it the automatic option, and 'logout', it logs
> back in as horde_user and the left menu comes back again ...
>
> If I go back onto configuration screen and change auth to IMAP instead of an
> application, all appears to be well as well ...
>
> So, it only seems to be when/if I try to use IMP for authenticatoin ...
>
> Does this help any?

There is definitely something weird here ... figuring that using IMAP Auth
isn't a big issue, I went into my servers.php file and set hordeauth to
true, so that logging into the mail server is transparent ... the left
menu disappears again when I log back in ... put it back to false, and
left menu is there ... but, of course, I have to double login to read
email ...

----