[dev] Sidebar 'compose' link

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Thu Oct 21 17:54:38 PDT 2004

Need a little help :-)

I've been trying to add a 'compose' link to the side menu under 'Mail'.
Attached is the patch I've come up with (and I could be *way* off base here),
but the link only works when IMP is open. If I go to another application, then
click the compose link, nothing happens.

As you can see, there's another line I tried in the patch that's commented.
That one works no matter which application I'm in, but it opens the compose
screen in the main frame (instead of a pop-up, like my preferences are set).

As I'm sure you can see by the code, I don't really understand what I'm doing:
I used existing code (the kronolith menu, etc) to copy from and apparently
didn't get something right.

Any help? Thanks in advance,
Rick
--