[dev] Sidebar 'compose' link

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Oct 22 05:30:20 PDT 2004

Zitat von Rick Emery <rick at emery.homelinux.net>:

> Need a little help :-)
>
> I've been trying to add a 'compose' link to the side menu under 'Mail'.

Nice.

> Attached is the patch I've come up with (and I could be *way* off base here),
> but the link only works when IMP is open. If I go to another
> application, then
> click the compose link, nothing happens.

The reason is that the javascript file that contain the open_compose()
function to open the compose view in a popup doesn't get loaded or included
by the tree code. The tree menu API currently only allows to manipulate the
menu tree, not to do anything more.

I don't have a bright idea how to solve this problem in an elegant way at
the moment.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/