[dev] Problems using UTF8 with some languages (accents shown like chinese characters) patch

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Sun Oct 24 08:40:58 PDT 2004

Quoting Daniel Vandal <dvandal at infoteck.qc.ca>:

> Hi,
>
> This patch add a Horde config option to set if Horde should
> automatically detect the charset to use or use the default charset set
> for the currently used language. This solve all my accents problems
> cause by horde being UTF8 instead of ISO-8859-1. (Because accents appear
> like chinese characters instead of à é â ê ...). Tested on two
> differents servers with lastest Horde cvs and with Internet Explorer and
> Mozilla and everything work as expected (when this config option is set
> to true, false by default). If set to false, chinese characters appear
> where accents are.

Daniel,

I just want to thank you for the patches.  They have solved the problems that
I've been having with Spanish accents for MONTHS.  I see that they
haven't been
commited but I will sure be using them, even though they'll be yet another
little patch that I will need to keep updated manually.

Thanks again and hope you are having a great weekend.

ed