[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp/templates/mailbox mailbox.html message_headers.inc imp/themes/horde screen.css

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Oct 29 08:29:54 PDT 2004

>   - By setting table-layout: fixed and overflow:hidden on the
>   messageList table, we can make the percentages always apply and avoid
>   squishing due to long from names/subjects/etc.

It would be cool if we could use overflow:ellipsis for IE and
overflow:hidden for Gecko browsers. Too bad they don't support ellipsis.

>   Theoretically this means we could get rid of the max-sub/max-from
> character limits and just let the browser handle it. Any opinions on
> that?

This is still useful if you use some stripped down browsers, and this
happens most times where screen space is an issue, e.g. on PDAs or
consoles.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/