[dev] [patch] Password strength tests

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Dec 2 10:39:56 PST 2004

Quoting "Jason M. Felice" <jfelice at cronosys.com>:

> Attached is what I did for password strength tests.  Let me know how
> much, if any, to commit.  The rest I'll keep as a patch until a later
> date.

I agree with Jan on committing the API addition and leaving the rest for after
release. One idea: what about, instead of making it a new Auth:: function,
adding the strength test to a new Auth_Policy class, implemented in
Auth_Policy_passwordstrength.

That'd introduce an expandable way to add password policies that would need to
be passed for a user to log in/change their password later.

-chuck

Quincy Adams