[dev] [patch] Support for multiple UID fields in the LDAP Prefs driver

Stuart K Bingë omicron-list at mighty.co.za
Mon Jan 24 04:17:14 PST 2005

Hello all,

Would there be any objections to this patch being committed? It's an attempt
to resolve Issue #1220 and seems to work for me from the testing I've done.

In Kolab1 the users' mail field was always the same as their uid field within
the LDAP tree, however now with Kolab2 the mail and uid attributes are
allowed to differ - and users are able to log into Horde using either field.

The current LDAP prefs driver only allows support for searching on one uid
attribute - this patch enables support for several (i.e. $params['uid'] now
becomes an array), allowing users to access their prefs regardless of whether
they logged in using their email address or uid.

If this does get committed, would it also be possible to merge into
FRAMEWORK_3? I've tried to maintain backwards compatibility as best as
possible - if the $params['uid'] field is specified as a string (as it
currently is) it's automatically converted to an array within the _connect()
method. There may however be some BC issues with the semantics of how errors
are handled - I'm not too sure how strict the conditions are for considering
patches for FRAMEWORK_3. I thought it best to ask before mucking with CVS in
this regard.

Cheers,
--
Stuart K Bingë