[dev] [patch] Support for multiple UID fields in the LDAP Prefs driver

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Jan 27 19:40:44 PST 2005

Quoting Stuart KBingë <omicron-list at mighty.co.za>:

> Would there be any objections to this patch being committed? It's an attempt
> to resolve Issue #1220 and seems to work for me from the testing I've done.

Looks conceptually good to me. Go for it.

> If this does get committed, would it also be possible to merge into
> FRAMEWORK_3? I've tried to maintain backwards compatibility as best as
> possible - if the $params['uid'] field is specified as a string (as it
> currently is) it's automatically converted to an array within the _connect()
> method. There may however be some BC issues with the semantics of how errors
> are handled - I'm not too sure how strict the conditions are for considering
> patches for FRAMEWORK_3. I thought it best to ask before mucking with CVS in
> this regard.

What error handling changes are there? Basically, for this to be committed to
FRAMEWORK_3, you should be able to take any of the initial FRAMEWORK_3 app
releases (IMP 4.0.0, Kronolith 2.0.0, etc.) and run it against the framework
code. Make sense?

-chuck

Quincy Adams