[dev] Allowing reuse of accounts

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Jan 25 09:01:25 PST 2005

Zitat von NarfistA <spo_argento at hotmail.com>:

>    We have several thousands of clients with emails accounts. It isn't
> rare at all for one of them to discontinue the service, and for a new or
> existent user to ask for the unused address.
>
>    Some action would then be required to clean preferences and objects
>  from Turba, and things like that.
>
>    Although one way to go would be to trigger a process on the event of
> the deleting of the old email address, we'd like to make the system to
> collect its own garbage, sort of speak.

The basis for that feature is there already (in Horde 3). The user
administration interfaces allows to clean all user data or to remove the
user data when deleting a user. The problem is, that not all backends
support this API yet. Actually only the preference backend is currently
supported.
It would be great if someone could write the missing api methods for the
remaining backends and applications.

>    I have a way to get a unique ID for the account, which would change if
> an account were deleted/recreated. I already made a driver which extends
> Prefs_sql and modifies the user so ID and user get related and if ID
> changes then it would be like a new account. For example, using sql
> driver a preference would be stored:
>
>    pref_uid: jigermano at uolsinectis.com.ar_327876
> pref_scope: horde
>   pref_name: show_sidebar
> pref_value: 1
>
>    Which worked ok. But it doesn't seem to be so simple for Turba.
>
>    I was thinking if one of the hook functions could give me a solution,
> or maybe a NEW hook funcion could be added and in conjunction with the
> Auth class and the Identity class get the solution. The idea would be to
> make the user ids for the backends uniques with the help of the new
> hook.

You should use the vinfo hook for that purpose, it alters user names used
internally in Horde, to avoid name clashing if multiple users with the same
name can login to the same Horde server.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/