[dev] Re: [Tickets #1162] RESOLVED: erroneous messsages when adding entries to blacklists / whitelists

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Wed Jan 26 14:55:40 PST 2005

> Zitat von bugs at coyote.horde.org:
>
>> Fixed... at a slight cost.  This won't appear until IMP 4.1.0/Ingo 1.1.0
>> since moving the status generation code out of IMP and into ingo could cause
>> *no* status messages being output at all if a version of IMP is used without
>> the status message generation and a version of Ingo is used without the new
>> status message generation code.
>
> The people won't necessarily update to these versions at once, maybe we
> don't even release them at once. If this is really an issue, it needs to be
> resolved differently.

The only way I can think of resolving is to remove the success messages
entirely.  The problem is simply that the ingo api calls return no information
on whether the addition of addresses was successful or not.  This was the best
solution I could come up with that 1) did not alter the API, 2) kept the
success messages, and 3) kept the error messages.

michael