[dev] Re: [Tickets #1162] RESOLVED: erroneous messsages when adding entries to blacklists / whitelists

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Jan 27 02:30:36 PST 2005

Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.curecanti.org>:

>> Zitat von bugs at coyote.horde.org:
>>
>>> Fixed... at a slight cost.  This won't appear until IMP 4.1.0/Ingo 1.1.0
>>> since moving the status generation code out of IMP and into ingo
>>> could cause
>>> *no* status messages being output at all if a version of IMP is
>>> used without
>>> the status message generation and a version of Ingo is used without the new
>>> status message generation code.
>>
>> The people won't necessarily update to these versions at once, maybe we
>> don't even release them at once. If this is really an issue, it needs to be
>> resolved differently.
>
> The only way I can think of resolving is to remove the success messages
> entirely.  The problem is simply that the ingo api calls return no
> information
> on whether the addition of addresses was successful or not.  This was
> the best
> solution I could come up with that 1) did not alter the API, 2) kept the
> success messages, and 3) kept the error messages.

After all, it's only an informal message, not a bug. I think if people don't
get any message (because they only upgraded IMP) or get two messages
(because they only upgraded Ingo), these applications still work and we can
tell them to upgrade the other application too to fix this. But maybe we
should mention this in the docs/UPGRADING files and try to release IMP 4.1
at the same time with Ingo 1.1.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/