[dev] Re: [patch] Cleanup giapeto blocks with titles

Roel Gloudemans roel at gloudemans.info
Mon Mar 7 10:12:48 PST 2005

This message is in MIME format.

--=_154p9essgejk

>> Is also possible. I'll try it. I went to the table, because I use a
>> background for header and content. In this way they always fit neatly
>> together. A div within a div should also work. (I'll do it when I get
>> home)
>
> Great, thanks.
OK, I tried to do it with div but failed.
1) It doesn't work with 2 divs (a block div and a header div inside)
because you'll want padding inside the block. If you add padding the
header div will also get padded. This is fine, except if you use a
background that should fit to the beackground of the block. 2) I tried
I've trouble handling the width. The div's are misbehaving and not
listening to  what css says (css says 300px, actual is about 340). This
could be caused by the fact that the giapeto page itself is one big
table So you have to use 3 divs
3) 3 divs gives thge same problem as 2)

The only thing working as expected (with all browsers) is a table

Updated patch (for CSS spacing is attached)

>> Sadly, those headers don't work properly inside Horde. In a few places
>> the header consists of multiple cells. This makes it really ugly.
>
> Does that happen when the header has a floated span in it instead? I've
> been trying to (slowly) move that way.

If the thing wearing using the header css class is in one piece (mostly
anything else than a <td>)it'll work (assuming you are mening the
header and not the top-menu). It might however be wise to define
another css class for the headers on the portal page.

Cheers,
Roel.