[dev] Re: Importing image attachments from IMP into Ansel.

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Wed Mar 16 10:30:25 PST 2005

Quoting "Edwin L. Culp" <eculp at encontacto.net>:

> I just gave the new image import from IMP attachments a try and it
> worked beautifuly.  My son happened to send me a couple of photos this
> morning and I saw the additional icons and thought I'd give the new
> image import from IMP attachments into ansel a try and it was very
> intuitive, IMO, with the popup for selecting the gallery and even
> filled in the caption with the information from the attachment.  Super
> cool.  I think I saw that Michael just commited this in the last 24
> hours.  A great feature.  Making it so easy will probably mean buying
> and adding additional disks though ;)  Users will have a ball once they
> know.

Thanks for the support.  I have wanted this feature forever and I
finally sucked it up and went ahead and coded it.

That being said, it looks like the output of the albums (if 'name'
sorting is selected in Ansel) is completely alphabetical - that is, it
completely ignores the structure of the gallery tree.  i.e. this
gallery tree:

+- B
   +- A
      +- C

is rendered in the select drop-down as:

which is alphabetically correct, but not very intuitive.  I know there
are several of you out there who know DataTree much better than I do
(Ben?  Duck?) so my question is 1) is there a way to sort by name and
maintain the tree structure and 2) if there isn't, how hard would it be
to add this?

michael