[dev] ldap, vacation, forwards, password, my account,

alan walters alan at aillweecave.ie
Mon Mar 21 05:33:57 PST 2005

Just looking through these modules I am having trouble how it work effectively with ldap.

These Seem to have there own method of authenticating with with ldap.

This is what I need:

Auth with full username to ldap user at domain.com
Use the domain as a variable ie: vd=$domain,o=hosting,dc=example.com
allow bind with username.. user at domain.com

I am sure it is possible but the documentation is hard to find.
I am using the latest cvs 21st march 2004.

Have tried configuring the following hooks to assist me but with no success.
Auth_ldap
Password_hook_userdn

Personally I think  the main issue lies with $userid variable not using full username.

regards