[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp folders.php imp/config prefs.php.dist imp/docs CHANGES imp/lib Folder.php Session.php VFolder.php imp/lib/Block tree_folders.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Mon Mar 28 21:56:20 PST 2005

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>:
>
>> slusarz     2005-03-18 15:35:57 PST
>>
>>  Modified files:
>>    .                    folders.php
>>    config               prefs.php.dist
>>    docs                 CHANGES
>>    lib                  Folder.php Session.php VFolder.php
>>    lib/Block            tree_folders.php
>>  Log:
>>  Add Virtual INBOX to Virtual Folders.  Will show all unread messages in all
>>  folders the user is currently polling.  Suggestions on how to document this
>>  behavior, and if the name 'Virtual INBOX' is good, are welcome.
>
> How about simply naming this folder "Unread Messages"?

Forgot to respond to this from awhile back...

I stayed away from "Unread Messages" because that (to me, at least)
implies that ALL unread messages from ALL folders will be returned.
Instead, Virtual INBOX only shows the unread message from a dynamic
list of "most important" folders the user has selected - with the
obvious leap of faith that the user is only polling folders for new
messages if new messages are being delivered to that folder.

Additionally, any user could create a "Unread Messages" virtual folder
if they wanted to.  Virtual INBOX is a special folder because there is
no way for an end user to create that rule (i.e. there is no way for an
end user to create a rule that states "select all unread messages from
the list of polled folders").  Therefore, by describing it as "Virtual
INBOX" rather than "Unread Messages" it underscores the "special"
nature of the folder.

I really need to add a Help icon (or maybe an <acronym> tag to the
folder name in the folder list) that explains what the Virtual INBOX is.

michael