[dev] Re: showing SQL and debugging information

Greg Rundlett Greg.Rundlett at savaJe.com
Tue Apr 5 11:46:32 PDT 2005

--------------000704090208060703090200

Jan Schneider wrote:

>Zitat von Greg Rundlett <Greg.Rundlett at savaJe.com>:
>

>>forgive my newbness, I've only just begun using the Horde framework....
>>
>>I'm setting up a new application, using Jan's mp3 example from the
>>'papers'.  I managed to hack the list.php file and create a template
>>so that my database records showed up nicely.  When I went to another
>>computer to show someone, surprisingly there were no records
>>displayed.  Then I could not get the records to display on my machine
>>either. Is there a 'debug' mode for horde like in ezPublish?  I'm
>>wondering what setting/utility exists so that I can see the queries
>>etc.   There isn't any error in the horde.log, or apache.   It seems
>>like my query isn't working, or there is a scope problem or
>>something, but it's a bit hard to penetrate which is why i'm asking
>>about the existence of a 'debug' mode utility.
>>

>You only see logs that you log in your code. And only up to the level
>you configured in Horde's setup.

for some reason, setting
$conf['log']['priority'] = PEAR_LOG_NOTICE;
in horde/config/conf.php works OK, but obviously does not show 'debug'
level messages
setting
$conf['log']['priority'] = PEAR_LOG_DEBUG;
breaks my horde framework such that strange (long) session ids get put
into the horde_sessionhandler table, and there are no results returned
to the browser.

--
Greg Rundlett

Release Engineering Team