[dev] Re: showing SQL and debugging information

Greg Rundlett Greg.Rundlett at savaJe.com
Tue Apr 5 14:08:41 PDT 2005

--------------040408040403080406020506

Greg Rundlett wrote:

> Jan Schneider wrote:
>
>> Zitat von Greg Rundlett <Greg.Rundlett at savaJe.com>:
>>

>>> forgive my newbness, I've only just begun using the Horde framework....
>>>
>>> I'm setting up a new application, using Jan's mp3 example from the
>>> 'papers'.  I managed to hack the list.php file and create a template
>>> so that my database records showed up nicely.  When I went to
>>> another computer to show someone, surprisingly there were no records
>>> displayed.  Then I could not get the records to display on my
>>> machine either. Is there a 'debug' mode for horde like in
>>> ezPublish?  I'm wondering what setting/utility exists so that I can
>>> see the queries etc.   There isn't any error in the horde.log, or
>>> apache.   It seems like my query isn't working, or there is a scope
>>> problem or something, but it's a bit hard to penetrate which is why
>>> i'm asking about the existence of a 'debug' mode utility.
>>>

>> You only see logs that you log in your code. And only up to the level
>> you configured in Horde's setup.
>>

> for some reason, setting
> $conf['log']['priority'] = PEAR_LOG_NOTICE;
> in horde/config/conf.php works OK, but obviously does not show 'debug'
> level messages
> setting
> $conf['log']['priority'] = PEAR_LOG_DEBUG;
> breaks my horde framework such that strange (long) session ids get put
> into the horde_sessionhandler table, and there are no results returned
> to the browser.

I'm not sure if this is related, and haven't had time to investigate.  I
just wanted to send my observations to those more qualified....  It
seems that whenever the PEAR_LOG_DEBUG setting is used, I get this error
in the log, and that's when session ids end up being weird.

    Apr 05 17:00:36 HORDE [error] [horde] DB Error: constraint
    violation: INSERT INTO horde_sessionhandler (session_id,
    session_lastmodified, session_data) VALUES (165979540, 1112734836,
    'hordeMessageStacks|a:2:{s:10:\"javascript\";a:0:{}s:6:\"status\";a:0:{}}')
    [nativecode=1062 ** Duplicate entry '165979540' for key 1] [on line
    123 of "/usr/share/pear/Horde/SessionHandler/sql.php"]

--
Greg Rundlett

Release Engineering Team
SavaJe Technologies