[dev] Re: Merk: inital taxes support

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Apr 7 16:42:02 PDT 2005

Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:

> In a lot of countries the product prices, or at leat the bills, shoud be
> exposed in the way that the custumer see the actual item prices and the tax
> amount. So the admin must have the option to manage the tax classes and
> assaign it to the articles in the shop, to be able to list it in a final
> bill.  In "oscommerce" thare is an config value to diplay of items prices
> with or witthout tax. And in this direction I am moving.
>
> Attached is a newer patch. This with cvs diff and with a little step forward.

Yes, better, not perfect - I've been doing this for years, it gets to
be habit. ;) If you look at the diff between what you sent and what I
committed you should see the small things I changed - not all of it was
yours, I cleaned up the rest of some of those files since I was there.
So don't take that part personally. :)

One thing I wasn't clear on; when using cvs diff, since you're using
anoncvs, you need to send the new files seperately since those aren't
included in the CVS diff when you don't have permissions to create new
files in CVS. Sorry 'about that. :/

Thanks,
-chuck

Quincy Adams