[dev] Re: Group class and Datatree

Edward Rudd erudd at netfor.com
Fri Apr 8 11:24:22 PDT 2005

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 19:46:00 +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Edward Rudd <erudd at netfor.com>:

[snip]

> No idea. It probably was an oversight or some unfished piece of work.
> Patches to clean this up that don't break BC would be great.

I'll be working on patches to do so.

>> It would seem a better design to have the Group interface be less tied to
>> the Datatree so that full replacement backends can be written easily (in
>> my case an LDAP backend for managing groups).
>
> This should actually be done through group hooks.

Well, except that I have to add every group manually into the data tree
before it is usable.  And I have no real editing of groups with the hook
method as I can only Add users to the datatree but not modify the LDAP
data with the horde interface.

Also I have a patch to "chroot" the DN of users, so that a user in domain
b can only see users from domain B on a shared install of horde, but I
would require a full ldap driven group backend to show per domain groups
and not allow users to access groups from other domains.

And another main reason for the "chroot" patch I'm working on is that
the horde UI doesn't handle a large number of users very well at all. I
currently have almost 1000 accounts (of which the user lists only show
500 max as php cuts the search results at that limit) in the install of
horde 2.2. which I am upgrading to the 3.0 so that the users can have
calender sharing abilities.