[dev] Kronolith category/color patch, per user

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon May 9 10:50:41 PDT 2005

Quoting Kevin Myer <kevin_myer at iu13.org>:

> The border enhancment helps distinguish between whether an event is mine or
> someoneelse, but leaves ambigious whose event it is.

I still maintain that the colors, and the border enhancement, aren't
*meant* to do this. I'm considering dropping the border enhancement as
its utility seems limited. Did showing the owner in tooltips help you
at all, btw?

I'd really like to hear from someone other than Kevin on this issue. I
know what I think, and I think I understand what Kevin thinks although
I still don't agree with it. That's a pretty limited set of
perspectives, though. Anyone?

> calendar.  What I'd think would be helpful would be to have a
> getOwner() call,
> that would do just that - lookup the share its coming from and find out who
> owns the share.  Because Owner != CreatorID, in some cases, as I found out (I
> didn't miss any meetings, thankfully, because I noticed it for past events,
> when reviewing behavior on a test install).

Unfortunately this breaks down on a shared calendar that *is* genuinely
shared, too. The better option would be to allow the proverbial
secretary to really create the event *as* the person she's doing
scheduling for, so that the creator id is correct.

> Off the top of your head, are there any specific dependencies that Kronolith
> HEAD has on Horde HEAD?  I need some of the additional features in Kronolith
> 2.1 (specifically the static FBUrl and the additional info provided
> in the body of email messages, for mail clients that don't support
> iTip) but I don't want to run a production Horde install on a full
> Horde HEAD snapshot, if I can get away with just snapshotting
> Kronolith.  Nothing has broken yet in
> Kronolith and the code changes seemed to be fairly minor, with some
> desirable enhancements, but...

No, and if there were any it'd be against our versioning policy, so
worth knowing about.

-chuck

Quincy Adams