[dev] Fwd: IMP message header triggering spamassassin

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Thu May 12 10:14:09 PDT 2005

>>> Sounds good to me, but I would leave the final call to Michael.
>>
>> If that is the consensus, then we should go with it.  I realize I have
>> some sort of weird zealous opinions on this subject, but I think I need
>> to find better things to do with my time so I will let my feelings go :)
>
> Michael - we wanted your opinion, zealousness and all, on this. We're
> not saying that the client IP should be removed - just looking at
> Kevin's point that by putting the username into the header, we're not
> putting the _recipient_. Make any sense?

yes - sorry, I took your message as being the solution and I was just
adding my approval.  Looking at Kevin's RFC citation, it appears that
the way we are doing it *is* wrong (egg on my face).  And the fact that
the recipient info is optional, and the fact that it would be quite a
bit of coding to insert that recipient info into the header, it
probably is best to use the propsed 'received from $host for Horde'
solution.

michael