[dev] Fwd: IMP message header triggering spamassassin

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Thu May 12 10:27:57 PDT 2005

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at mail.curecanti.org>:
> yes - sorry, I took your message as being the solution and I was just
> adding my approval.  Looking at Kevin's RFC citation, it appears that
> the way we are doing it *is* wrong (egg on my face).  And the fact that
> the recipient info is optional, and the fact that it would be quite a
> bit of coding to insert that recipient info into the header, it
> probably is best to use the propsed 'received from $host for Horde'
> solution.
>
> michael

The problem with using the "for Horde" is that Horde isn't a recipient either.
And since "for" is optional, and quite a bit of coding to do it right
(once for
each receipient, but not if its a BCC recipient), I'd just drop it altogether,
unless your aim is to create a PHP MTA :)

Attached is what I think brings the Received: header into RFC compliance.  I
fully agree that it belongs in a Horde generated message, just sans the "for"
atom.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer