[dev] Initial configuration setup suggestion

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon May 16 03:05:26 PDT 2005

Zitat von Kevin Myer <kevin_myer at iu13.org>:

> In other words, if $conf['sql']['phptype'] has a value, set
> $conf['datatree']['driver'] and $conf['prefs']['driver'] to 'sql', instead of
> 'none'.
>
> I think the answer might be no, because the config is loaded into the
> GUI as-is,
> and if you make a change in one part, there's no form submission when
> you go to
> another tab, which could effect a change there.

It would be indeed quite complicate to implement that with the current
configuration code. Plus it would be even more complicated to *not*
cause any unwanted side effects for experienced administrators who
don't expect any other settings of their existing configuration to
change if they change the database settings.

> This might help with reducing the number of "My install is always showing a
> [insert default prefs.php value here]" (no preferences backend
> configured), or
> "I can create a new [calendar,notepad,tasklist] but its not saved"
> (no datatree
> backend configured) messages to the lists.

I went the simpler path and simply added a note in the database section
that explains this.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/