[dev] Initial configuration setup suggestion

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed May 18 02:36:15 PDT 2005

Yes, for guest only systems for example like http://cvs.php.net.

> The custom session handler tab - is there a reason that the next
> array element
> in $conf[sessionhandler] is 'type', whereas $conf[prefs] elements are
> 'driver'?

I guess not. But we can't change it now.

> I was trying to figure out how to be able to use the Horde defaults for a SQL
> database for the various types of databases, there, because I hate having to
> retype that info and would like to be able to just use
> $conf[sessionhandler][params][driverconfig]='horde'.  But I can't seem to get
> anything to take unless I change 'type' to 'driver' and then that
> breaks things
> too.

This is no magic setting. You need code under the surface to handle
such a setting.

> Finally, could all fields where passwords are entered have their input
> type set
> as password or is there a good reason for echoing the password to the
> screen? I'd like to be able to demo configuring a Horde Setup screen to
> potential Horde
> Administrators, without giving up any passwords, even test or demo accounts.

No, we even changed them to clear text fields in the past. Password
fields gain you nothing in an interface that only admins have access
to. Even in your case, the users could simply look at the HTML source
code to reveal the passwords.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/