[dev] Automatic error submission to administrative user

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun May 22 09:46:48 PDT 2005

Zitat von Kevin Myer <kevin_myer at iu13.org>:

> So what I'm thinking would be extremely helpful (and maybe this
> already exists
> in HEAD but I haven't explored it fully) is to have an automated feedback
> mechanism, such that if an error is generated, the Horde/PEAR
> Notification/Error class can collect relevant information about what just
> occured - the PHP error, the user, browser, what they clicked on to generated
> the error, even machine statistics perhaps, like memory.  Roll the
> idea of the
> existing Horde test.php scripts, a core dump, a Mozilla Talkback, a Windows
> Error Report, the mysqlbug script, the OpenBSD sendbug script and a Java
> exception log into one, stir, shake, and what falls out 9as relevant
> to a Horde
> install) would hopefully be a useful Horde bug report.

I tried to enable logging of all Horde Notification warnings and errors
on the debug level, but quickly reverted this because it simply
contained too much bogus information. We now only log PEAR_Error's sent
to the notification system.

You can now configure an email or composite logging backend and get all
these more or less useful messages by mail. That still won't get you
any context information, but is a start.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/