[dev] User interface options question

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun May 22 16:56:34 PDT 2005

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at mail.curecanti.org>:

> What if user selects no sidebar and doesn't want a link to ingo in the
> menubar?  Then there is no way to access the filters (and I personally
> don't think an answer of "Then the admin has to enable the filters link
> on the menubar" is a valid response).  Additionally, what about all the
> users (and i've seen this) that go to the filters preference to change
> their filter rules because that is where they changed their filter
> rules in IMP 3.x?

All fair. Also, Kevin and other admins can always modify prefs.php
locally without changing non-config files to remove the link. Though I
do think that "the admin should enable the menu link to ingo" is a
relatively valid response since that's how you have to get to any
*other* application if there's no sidebar. The difference of course is
the historical location of the filters in IMP.

-chuck

Quincy Adams