[dev] Sidebar organization changes

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu May 26 05:35:12 PDT 2005

> I can and have done these locally, but wanted to propose them for the
> defaults:
>
> - Rename "Organizing" to "Life"

I was never happy with Organizing, but Life is even worse. And too Apple'ish.

> - Move Ansel ("Photos") into the new Life category

OK.

> - Move Midas ("Ads") into the Office category

No strong opinion.

> - Make genie's name singular (Wishlist, not Wishlists)

OK.

> - Move Forwards and Vacation into the Mail category

OK.

> A few more I'm less sure about:
>
> - Move Wicked (Wiki) into the Information category

I like it where it is, but I must admit that I use Wicked more often as
a light weight CMS than an information manager.

> - Move Newsgroups (Troll) into the Information category

No, news group reading is part of all major mail clients, and even
several OS file new readers under Internet but never under Information.

> - Move Support into the Office category

Isn't Development more appropriate? But no strong opinion about that.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/