[dev] Google's Summer of Code - Interested in Search and CRM projects.

Ciro Duran ciro.duran at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 09:03:30 PDT 2005

Hello,

My name is Ciro Durán, I'm from Venezuela, and I'm interested in
participating in Google's Summer of Code 2005. I'd like to develop for
the Horde project, as I've been involved in using Horde since some
time ago.

Here's something about me: I'm a senior at Universidad Simón Bolívar
(http://www.usb.ve), Caracas, Venezuela, majoring in Computer
Engineering. Since 2001 I've been working as an administrator for a
medium-sized Unix and Windows network in the university, and working
mainly with open-source applications (very few chances of developing
for them). I'm proficient with C, PHP, Perl and Java languages, have
extensive knowledge of HTML and Javascript. I'm currently upgrading
the Horde portal we use at the laboratory I work for (located in
http://www.ldc.usb.ve), and writing the ModifyingHordeAspect Wiki
page.

I have a couple of questions for you before deciding in what project I
will participate. About this CRM Mode you talk in
http://wiki.horde.org/SummerOfCode. Are you talking about making a
bundle of programs, so can it be easily installed (and possibly
configured) in one shot?, or modifying these applications in some way
I don't understand?

Good luck to all.

Ciro.