[dev] Google's Summer of Code - Interested in Search and CRM projects.

Marko Djukic mdjukic at horde.org
Sat Jun 4 12:10:56 PDT 2005

Quoting Ciro Duran <ciro.duran at gmail.com>:

> I have a couple of questions for you before deciding in what project I
> will participate. About this CRM Mode you talk in
> http://wiki.horde.org/SummerOfCode. Are you talking about making a
> bundle of programs, so can it be easily installed (and possibly
> configured) in one shot?, or modifying these applications in some way
> I don't understand?

Hi Ciro,

Good to hear you are looking at participating!

It's not so much easy installation as getting the various Horde applications to
talk to each other better and more easily. There are a lot of components
already available in Horde that could allow for it to be used as a CRM
platform, but these components are not connected enough.

Just some ideas that come to mind, contacts should have better linking with
appointments, with tasks... allow history to be created for contacts eg when
they were called, create a separate mini-app or add more logic to the portal
page that could tie these components together so that the user can have a quick
overview of the situation: by contact, by category, by date etc.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks!

--
Marko Djukic
Horde Project (http://horde.org)