[dev] Horde Search

Marko Djukic mdjukic at horde.org
Mon Jun 6 02:48:49 PDT 2005

Quoting Erdinc YILMAZEL <erdinc at yilmazel.com>:

> If I am accepted at this project, I will definitely need to know much
> about the Horde structure.
> I will examine file types that are used in all Horde modules and I will
> create an indexer using them.

Not only file types, you need to consider storage backends. So some apps may
store data in SQL or LDAP or the virtual file system. So there should be a way
for apps to advertise what important data is stored where and how to index it.

> I am planning not to depend on a third party search software, hence I will
> create my own code base.

Sounds good, but make sure you consider the effort to create your own with using
a library from another project, to not reinvent the wheel if you don't need to.

--
Marko Djukic
Horde Project (http://horde.org)