[dev] Horde Search

Erdinc YILMAZEL erdinc at yilmazel.com
Mon Jun 6 01:21:14 PDT 2005

>>I am skilled in PHP, parsers, and text processing. My project MyObjects,
>>(An object persistence library for PHP 5) was awarded 7th grade in last
>>symmers Zend PHP 5 Coding contest.
>>(http://www.zend.com/php5/contest/contest.php)
>>

>That looks pretty cool, what sort of license do you have on it? ;) I'm
>currently looking for next-gen Horde stuff...

BSD License. The source is available at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/myobjects. There hasn't been much change
on the code for a few months because of my school stuff, but I will go
back to work on MyObjects soon.

>>However, I am not very familier with horde. I'm just using IMP on a server.
>>

>Well, are you interested in changing that?

If I am accepted at this project, I will definitely need to know much
about the Horde structure.
I will examine file types that are used in all Horde modules and I will
create an indexer using them. I am planning not
to depend on a third party search software, hence I will create my own
code base.

My goals are:

    Memory efficiency in indexing.
    Minimal index & lexicon size.
    Document ranking. (Computation of similarity in documents using
Cosine measure)
    Efficient query parser that handles boolean queries.
    Well designed API for accessing from other Horde modules.

Erdinc.