[dev] Fwd: Re: Google's Summer of Code - Interested in Search and CRM projects.

Marko Djukic mdjukic at horde.org
Mon Jun 6 03:03:09 PDT 2005

> I'm a bit torn on this topic. While I see the possibilities of having
> all modules available on a single page, but I don't want to overload
> the portal. It was always supposed to provide only very basic access to
> information and functionality of the modules, but it's already the
> heaviest page of the whole project.

what about separating out the portal functionality, make that separate
module(s)? my biggest issue with the portal is that in a lot of installs i have
had to manually disable when it doesn't make sense to have it. eg. apps are
doing specific functions and users have no use for a portal type view.

so it would be good to be able to choose to have no portal, a slim portal just
to hop on to other apps or a really beefed up portal where you could do a lot
of the work on the one page. eg. i tend to open up tabs for at least three
apps, imp, kronolith and nag. if i could work from one page without having to
jump from tab to tab, that would be nice.

--
Marko Djukic
Horde Project (http://horde.org)