[dev] Summer of Code - Notification System Suggestion

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jun 6 17:25:01 PDT 2005

Quoting Sam Vafaee <boundless at gmail.com>:

> I am a student of Computer Engineering at the University of Toronto
> and I have a suggestion for a new project for the google summer of
> code. I propose a notification system which would reside in the users
> system tray and communicates with the server to notify the user of
> events such as incoming email or appointments. I believe that such
> application would promote the use of the Horde application framework.

I assume what you're talking about is something for Windows? I think
just that by itself, a windows systray app would't be a very big
project - certainly shouldn't take all summer.

If you wanted to make a Gecko extension as well, something with it's
own toolbar, notifications, shortcuts, etc., that might be more of a
project, and you could always do both. And then there are Gnome systray
apps, ... etc. Be a little ambitious, make sure your application is
thorough, and good luck!

-chuck

Quincy Adams