[dev] [cvs] commit: gollem test.php gollem/docs INSTALL

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Jun 8 08:59:13 PDT 2005

> Creating a dependency on 3.1 is as much worth as creating a dependency
> on Horde 3.0.5, because we only break bc on major versions, i.e. Horde 4.

I sort of disagree on this because this isn't a BC break, it's an
addition. Theoretically you could take the new Util package and install
it with Horde 3.0 and you'd be fine. But we're not quite there yet in
terms of how we do packages.

> That means that either we depend on Horde 3.0.5 for Gollem 1.0 and any
> (new) applications that use realPath(), or we add this method to any
> applications that uses it until we release Horde 4.0 and compatible
> applications.

I still think adding the method to Gollem is the way to go for now.
Since whichever interpretation you go with in the first paragraph
above, depending on 3.0.5 for this goes against our release policy...

-chuck

Quincy Adams