[dev] [cvs] commit: gollem test.php gollem/docs INSTALL

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jun 8 08:56:12 PDT 2005

Zitat von Kevin Myer <kevin_myer at iu13.org>:

> Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:
>
>> ... except that I'm suggesting that it require 3.0, not 3.1. No one is
>> suggesting that requiring 3.1 is a good idea. So ... ?
>
> My bad - I missed the recent backport commit of realPath to 3.0.5,
> otherwise 3.1
> was a requirement.
>
> Is it feasible that Gollem would be the only app that uses
> Util::realPath?  If
> so, then including it in Gollem code for 1.0 release would make the
> most sense
> and elminate a point dependency.  Then for Gollem 1.1, its included in Horde
> 3.1 and can be removed from Gollem.  If other modules would benefit
> from using
> the modified realPath in future X.0.X releases, then it makes sense to leave
> 3.0.5 as a dependency and have it in the main library so other apps could use
> it in the near future.

Creating a dependency on 3.1 is as much worth as creating a dependency
on Horde 3.0.5, because we only break bc on major versions, i.e. Horde
4.
That means that either we depend on Horde 3.0.5 for Gollem 1.0 and any
(new) applications that use realPath(), or we add this method to any
applications that uses it until we release Horde 4.0 and compatible
applications.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/