[dev] [cvs] commit: gollem test.php gollem/docs INSTALL

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Wed Jun 8 10:08:54 PDT 2005

> Zitat von Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:

>>> Creating a dependency on 3.1 is as much worth as creating a dependency
>>> on Horde 3.0.5, because we only break bc on major versions, i.e. Horde 4.
>>
>> I sort of disagree on this because this isn't a BC break, it's an
>> addition. Theoretically you could take the new Util package and install
>> it with Horde 3.0 and you'd be fine. But we're not quite there yet in
>> terms of how we do packages.
>>
>>> That means that either we depend on Horde 3.0.5 for Gollem 1.0 and any
>>> (new) applications that use realPath(), or we add this method to any
>>> applications that uses it until we release Horde 4.0 and compatible
>>> applications.
>>
>> I still think adding the method to Gollem is the way to go for now.
>> Since whichever interpretation you go with in the first paragraph
>> above, depending on 3.0.5 for this goes against our release policy...
>
> Not quite, because we don't really have a policy on releasing new
> applications for an existing Horde version yet, but I agree that adding
> this method to Gollem would probably cause the least hassle.

Agreed also, since the consensus seems to be to work towards Horde
3.0.0 dependency.  With the caveat that 3.0.5+ is REALLY REALLY
recommended since Horde 3.0.0 was not really battle-tested for the code
that Gollem uses as opposed to the other released modules.

So I'll re-add realPath() to Gollem for the beta.

michael