[dev] Horde search engine development

Bojan Bedrač bojan.bedrac at uni-mb.si
Tue Jun 14 17:46:56 PDT 2005

Hi Marko,

I am not sure if this is in the best interes of the project, but to
involve Lucene ( it's written in JSP), when HORDE is mainly in PHP. This
would bring many trouble upon a user (administrator) of the HORDE
framework and modules, because he would have to make his webserver
support JSP also. I am still considering building a new base (based on
the mnoGoSearch and Lucene, but written strictly in PHP, to overcome the
OS dependencies issue and the language differency issue).

Is it really in horde interests to create programs in JSP, when the
framework is written in PHP?

Please advise!

Best regards to all!

Bojan Bedrac