[dev] rewrite of Horde_Form

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 20:21:34 PDT 2005

Just an additional thought I had on this that I don't want to forget...

As far as the AJAX additions to Horde_Form go, it could be useful to
allow for validation based on HTTP status code. Consider a form where
someone is putting in the URL ro something, such as his or her resume.
It might be nice to use AJAX to test if the URL exists. If the HTTP
error code is 404, it is likely that the user has made a typo in the
URL. I know that when I changed my resume from resume.shtml to
resume.php, there were a couple of times I put the old filename
(obviously the smart thing woudl have been to make a redirect, which I
later did).

Typos in the hostname would be difficult to catch, as it would likely
result in a connection error rather than a server response (unless, of
course, it just so happened to be a registered domain -- in that case,
it might result in the 404 error).

--
Matt Warden
Miami University