[dev] Horde search development

Bojan Bedrač bojan.bedrac at uni-mb.si
Wed Jun 15 08:28:44 PDT 2005

I agree with Matt Warden. It is Java based. But this should not be a
problem. I am leaning to a suggestion from Marko, who suggested a
driver, that would communicate with different search engines, maybe
mnoGoSearch and Lucene (and/or others). Both being open source projects,
learning what kind of input output the engines take/output, shouldn't be
a problem. Just see the source, learn the flow and figure it out. It
would be much easier in my oppinion than to develop the whole
index/search engine in PHP. Open source is all about upgrading (and
hacking). I mean, why waste time, if someone has already created
something you can use and upgrade. I'm not saying this would be so easy,
but it would damn sure be easier than developing from scratch. A purely
PHP interface to control the search engine of users choice.

Best regards,

Bojan Bedrac