[dev] Admin user - pseudo account

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Wed Jun 15 08:36:29 PDT 2005

> This is an interesting idea. The only problem I see is that the
> username selected as the pseudo admin might collide with an existing,
> real user. But I guess people will always find a way to shoot
> themselves in their feet.

Yes, I thought of that, and the user who would also accidentally overwrite the
pseudoadmin user/password, not remember they did it and lock themselves
out, as
being areas this wouldn't address.  But I think if it was stressed in the
documentation (ha - and people READ the documentation) to not choose something
that collides, it could be made to work.

What I'd like to be able to do with Horde, at some point (next-gen
feature maybe
;) is completely configure it through a GUI, and _never_ have to edit anything
in config/ and the only way I can see to do that is with an account that's
builtin and functions independently of any external authentication system.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator