[dev] New way to edit permission on a per-user basis and not by applications...

Joel Vandal jvandal at infoteck.qc.ca
Fri Jun 17 11:11:00 PDT 2005

Hi,

I work on a permissions management for Horde Users that will allow to edit applications permissions on a per-users basis. I.e. you click on "Edit Permissions" (New icon on the users administration page like edit/clear data) and you see all available permissions for this specific user. Currently you add user right to a permissions, with this modules you will edit modules permissions for a users.

Does its can be useful for general horde modules ?

It read the _perms api of each application and generate a Tree to edit all permissions available on the system and you have to click once on the "Save" buttons to manage all permissions for a Single user... currently I have to add a new permissions and add users permissions one by one.

When you want to edit a permission for an user, you click on Admin -> Users and click on an "Edit Permissions" icon and a popup open like:

Edit Permissions for user 'jvandal':

+ Whups
      + Queues
            test1                                      Show  [  ]    Read [ ]   Write [ ]  Delete [ ]
            test2                                      Show  [  ]    Read [ ]   Write [ ]  Delete [ ]

+ Telephony
     + General
     + Manager
            Configuration                         Show  [  ]    Read [ ]   Write [ ]  Delete [ ]
            Multi-Tenants                        Show  [  ]    Read [ ]   Write [ ]  Delete [ ]
etc...

[SAVE CHANGES]

Currently the tree is generated, get all permissions available (if _perms api exist for the specific application). I must finish the "load/save" functions and this module (if usefull for others) will be soon posted to this list.

--
Joel Vandal
ScopServ Inc.