[dev] New way to edit permission on a per-user basis and not by applications...

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Fri Jun 17 13:53:30 PDT 2005

Quoting Joel Vandal <jvandal at infoteck.qc.ca>:

> Hi,
>
> I work on a permissions management for Horde Users that will allow to
> edit applications permissions on a per-users basis. I.e. you click on
> "Edit Permissions" (New icon on the users administration page like
> edit/clear data) and you see all available permissions for this
> specific user. Currently you add user right to a permissions, with
> this modules you will edit modules permissions for a users.

I think its hugely helpful from an administrative perspective.  Essentially,
what you're talking about is providing different views of the Permissions
system for a Horde Admin.  I was hinting at this on the last line of my last
entry of ticket #2118 and thats really the crux of that whole ticket - to
provide different ways of viewing permissions - for an object, for a
group, for
a user, etc.  It is often the case that you will have certain users who are
assigned additional priveleges, and it would be much easier to assign them all
within a User view, then when in the general Horde Permissions view.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator