[dev] Work Order Request Application

Edwin L. Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Sat Jun 18 04:54:32 PDT 2005

Quoting "Jason M. Felice" <jfelice at cronosys.com>:

> We at Cronosys have designed, but not yet written, a "work order
> request" application.  Not sure whether it will be approved, but I'm
> fishing for comments and feedback here :)
>
> Objective: Electronically handle work order requests.

> We intend to use whups tickets as work orders, but we want to put an
> authoring/review/approval process before it becomes a ticket.
>
> This system will allow a client to quickly pull up a screen to enter a
> work order.
> When one is entered, the client is notified that we have received it,
> and it will then go to a queue for review.  If we modify the work
> order, we can optionally request approval.  If we request approval, the
> client is sent an e-mail with approve/reject links; otherwise, the
> client is simply sent an e-mail that we've accepted the work order.
> The acceptance e-mail includes a commit date for delivery, etc.
>
> When a work order is accepted, it is converted to a whups ticket.
>
> We also intend to add open tickets to the deliverables list in Hermes,
> so that we can bill against a work order.
>
> Thoughts, anyone?

Jason,

I especially like the idea of tickets becoming deliverables through
integration win Hermes.  It will be extremely useful and a base for
further improvement and possible future integration with apps such as
thor projects that could use the information from both for project
control.  Of course there are many other horde applications that can
potentially play important specific rolls in future extentions.

Horde tools for customer relationship management will be strengthened
and made easier to use with steps, such as this one.

I, for one, am crossing my fingers that this will be approved. ed