[dev] Work Order Request Application

Jason M. Felice jfelice at cronosys.com
Fri Jun 17 09:58:04 PDT 2005

We at Cronosys have designed, but not yet written, a "work order
request" application.  Not sure whether it will be approved, but I'm
fishing for comments and feedback here :)

Objective: Electronically handle work order requests.

We intend to use whups tickets as work orders, but we want to put an
authoring/review/approval process before it becomes a ticket.

This system will allow a client to quickly pull up a screen to enter a
work order.
When one is entered, the client is notified that we have received it,
and it will then go to a queue for review.  If we modify the work
order, we can optionally request approval.  If we request approval, the
client is sent an e-mail with approve/reject links; otherwise, the
client is simply sent an e-mail that we've accepted the work order.
The acceptance e-mail includes a commit date for delivery, etc.

When a work order is accepted, it is converted to a whups ticket.

We also intend to add open tickets to the deliverables list in Hermes,
so that we can bill against a work order.

Thoughts, anyone?

--
Jason M. Felice
Cronosys, LLC <http://www.cronosys.com>