[dev] Work Order Request Application

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Jun 18 06:10:00 PDT 2005

Zitat von Kevin Myer <kevin_myer at iu13.org>:

> Quoting "Jason M. Felice" <jfelice at cronosys.com>:
>

>> We at Cronosys have designed, but not yet written, a "work order
>> request" application.  Not sure whether it will be approved, but I'm
>> fishing for comments and feedback here :)
>
> Is not what you're describing not a new module, but really adding workflow
> capabilities to Horde?  You could add them for a specific module but might it
> not be better to take a step back, create a general workflow framework
> and then
> integrate that with Hermes and Whups?

I don't think so. While it is intriguing to put everything that uses
more than one Horde application into the framework, the risk is to
overload Horde itself. This is a very specialized problem to be in a
web application framework, so its solution rather belongs into a
separate app.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/