[dev] Assigning permissions dynamically in Turba

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jun 20 10:52:18 PDT 2005

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:

> I'm trying to map IMSP acls to horde permissions for IMSP addressbooks now
> that the read-only attribute is gone.  I've got the initial code worked
> out, but am having a problem determining exactly *where* to call it from.

What about if we put the check into the driver, so you could call
$object->hasPermission($perm), and that'd call the driver object in
tern. Then the IMSP driver can override the default implementation.

Something similar in the driver object for permissions on the actual
sources...

> In a related question, I'm having trouble figuring a way to map the
> permissions back the other way, from horde permissions to imsp acls.  Are
> there any existing permission hooks that I could tie into to determine when
> a permission has been changed from with horde..something along the lines of
> the horde shares stuff?  If not, would anyone object to adding them?

Yeah, we'd need hooks for that part - no objection from me to adding them.

-chuck

Quincy Adams