[dev] [cvs] commit: framework/Group/Group ldap.php

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Thu Jun 23 11:59:01 PDT 2005

Quoting Ben Chavet <ben at horde.org>:

> I believe that the LDAP group driver is now feature-complete.  Testing,
> tweaking, critiquing, etc. is welcome.

A (perhaps) more eloquent way of handling the next uid/gid numbering is to
create an objectclass (posixconfig) and store a nextuid and nextuid attribute
and value in them.  When a new account is created, update the nextuid by one,
same for a new group and before creating a new user/group, lookup the
value for
nextuid/nextgid.  This would be analogous to the way the horde_*_seq tables
work in SQL databases.  This way you ensure that you don't reuse uid/gid
numbers (just a personal preference of mine).

I haven't tested your code at work yet, just have it installed at home with a
small two account setup.  It works well there. :)

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator